AN/PRC-117G Wideband Tactical Radio
The AN/PRC-117G Wideband Multiband Multimission Radio: Now JTRS Certified.
The field-proven Harris AN/PRC-117G, shipping with SRW, provides warfighters with unprecedented situational awareness of the battlefield through wireless, high-bandwidth communications, enabling applications such as streaming video, simultaneous voice and data feeds, collaborative chat, as well as combat net radio capabilities and connectivity to secure networks. The AN/PRC-117G's wideband networking capabilities give warfighters on the move and field commanders critical real-time information through a man-portable radio that is significantly smaller, lighter and more capable than legacy units.
With more than 10 times the processing power of currently fielded Type-1 manpack radios, the AN/PRC-117G provides continuous coverage in the 30 MHz to 2 GHz frequency band and represents state-of-the-art radio technology that ensures software upgradeability well into the future. The radio is half the weight of legacy radios currently fielded, significantly lightening the soldier's load, and offers a high degree of mobility, security and survivability.
- JTRS Certified, NSA Type-1 Certified, JITC Certified for Narrowband Interoperability Assessment and compliance with DAMA standards
- Includes SINCGARS, Havequick II, VHF/UHF AM and FM, High Performance Waveform (HPW), MIL-STD-188-181B SATCOM.
- Uses the Harris Adaptive Networking Wideband Waveform (ANW2) for high bandwidth data operation and is designed for future upgrade to the Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW)
- Operates off a single standard battery while maintaining peak transmit power of 10 watts VHF and 20 watts UHF
- Significantly lighter and consumes less power than previous generations of manpack radios.
Click here to view the Falcon III Networking Diagram
For more information, contact us at
or call us at 1-888-711-7295. International callers: +001 321-674-4253 or +001 321-727-9207.
About JTRS Certification
The Joint Program Executive Office of the Joint Tactical Radio System has established two objective designations for devices that seek to be part of the Department of Defense tactical edge network. These are JTRS-Compliant and JTRS-Certified.
The Falcon III AN/PRC-117G operating SRW has become the first product to be classified as JTRS Certified. According to the JPEO, this means the radio is ready “for procurement or operations in a DoD or Service’s network architecture”, is compatible with DoD network objectives and is compliant with the following standards:
• JRIL Waveform Compliance
• JITC Interoperability
• JTRS SCA Certification
• JTRS API Certification
• NSA Certification
• NSA Approved Crypto
• NTIA Spectrum Certification